“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual. Personal Information may in certain circumstances include such information as name, address, phone number, email address, credit history, social security number, driver’s license number, credit or debit card number, policy or claim information and health information. If you apply for a job or register with our career center, Personal Information may, in certain circumstances, also include information about your work and educational history.
If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Online Privacy Statement.
How We May User Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To provide a quote, underwrite and rate policies, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, and complete your transactions.
- To process claims.
- To service your insurance.
- To confirm or correct what we know about you.
- To help us prevent fraud and other crimes.
- To comply with applicable laws.
- To send you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Services.
- To inform you of job opportunities and to evaluate your suitability for a job.
- To contact you at a telephone number you provide to us, including if the number is for a cell phone or other wireless device. We may contact you in person, by recorded message, by the use of automated dialing equipment, by text (SMS) message, or by any other means of communication your device is capable of receiving, as allowed by law and for reasonable business purposes, including to service your policy with us.
- For our business purposes.
- As otherwise allowed by law.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- Within the RSUI family of companies.
- To third parties to help us manage or service our business. These third parties can include but are not limited to brokers, other insurance companies, regulators, administrators, and service providers that provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery and other services.
- To insurance support organizations and consumer reporting agencies. Information that we share with these organizations, such as your claims history, may be retained by them and disclosed to others.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; (g) to detect and prevent fraud; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- As otherwise allowed by law.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Physical location
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as an App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, identifying the general location of the device, and administering the Services.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
Third Party Services
Third Party Advertisers
We do not respond to any web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags), which may allow them to collect information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites, including when you access and use the Services. If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with these practices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
Maintenance of the Services
The Services are maintained by us in the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
Safeguarding Personal Information
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at RSUI Data Privacy, 945 E. Paces Ferry Road, Suite 1800, Atlanta, GA 30326, or email to privacy@RSUI.com.
Social Security Protection Policy Statement
RSUI seeks to protect the confidentiality of social security numbers (SSNs) by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. We limit access to SSNs to help protect against their loss, misuse or unlawful disclosure. We do not disclose SSNs to third parties except where required or permitted by law.
Updates to this Online Privacy Statement
We may change this Online Privacy Statement at any time. Please take a look at the date shown at the end of this page to see the date of the last revision. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Online Privacy Statement on the Services. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Online Privacy Statement.
Cookies are small text files sent from a website the user is browsing and stored in the user’s web browser. Some cookies are present only for the session (“session cookies”) while other cookies persist for a pre-determined time (“persistent cookies”). In some cases, the browser sends the cookie back to the server every time the user loads that website. Cookies help us with certain functionality and to personalize your experience. Cookies also help us determine which parts of the site people visit, measure the effectiveness of advertising, and assist in improving the site based on the behavior of users.
Types of Cookies
Our cookies fall into one of the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functionality Cookies
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Without these cookies, you may not be able to use features or perform certain functions on the website. These cookies are also essential for accessing secure areas of the website. The EU cookie directive exempts cookies that are technically necessary.
These cookies provide information about how visitors use our website. Statistical information or “analytics” may include counts of visits to pages, the amount of time spent on a page, the rate at which users leave the site from a page, the speed at which the page loads, etc. The information collected is not personally identifiable; it is aggregated, anonymous data. This data is used to improve how the site works. Some of these cookies are third-party cookies used for specialized analytics software or services.
These cookies support site functionality that is visible or helpful to the user and may include certain choices users make. These enhanced or personal features help deliver a customized experience. Persistent personalized data is encrypted for users’ protection. These cookies cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies are used to display advertising content relevant to the user’s interests. They may also be used to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These types of cookies are set by digital advertising networks with whom we partner, and may be used by them when you visit other websites. Therefore, you may encounter our advertising on other sites after visiting rsuionline.rsui.com. These cookies are usually third-party, persistent cookies.
We use Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your session usage, Google drops a cookie (_ga) with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information like email, phone number, name, etc. We also send Google your IP Address. We use GA to track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. This information is important to us for improving the user experience and determining site effectiveness. If you would like to access what browsing information we have – or ask us to delete any GA data – please delete your _ga cookies, reach out to us and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
Changes to This California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure
We may change or update this Disclosure from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Disclosure on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.